RISD Clothes Closet
The RISD Clothes Closet helps provide clothing for RISD students in need. Students are confidentially referred to the Clothes Closet by a teacher, nurse, or counselor at their school. Students may be referred once per school year and leave with a week’s worth of clothing, including a new pair of sneakers, winter coat, toiletry bag, and new sets of underwear and socks.
You can learn more about the Clothes Closet here.
HPPM PTA is asked to help fill volunteer shifts throughout the school year. On Mondays, volunteers will sort donations and restock the shelves. On Tuesday, volunteers will gather items at the Clothes Closet, package them, and deliver them to the schools.
All volunteers must wear a mask, and no children are allowed on premises. Prior to volunteering, each person must register and complete a background check at https://risd.voly.org/, and should watch the relevant training videos:
- Tour of the Closet (all volunteers)
- Sorting Donations (for Sort/Stock volunteers)
- Packaging for a Student (for Gather/Deliver volunteers)
Sign-up forms for HPPM's 2021-22 volunteer shifts will be posted in the Fall.
- Clothes Closet takes clothing sizes 3T - Adult XL.
- Clothing must be CUTE, CLEAN, and CURRENT - no holes or stains.
- No vacation t-shirts, holiday clothes, school specific t-shirts, church t-shirts, business office attire, or hats. College shirts are accepted.
- You can also donate new, full-size toiletries, backpacks, lunch bags, new socks, new underwear, new shoes, and new jewelry and bows.
Clothes Closet will take clothing items we cannot use & sell them by weight. If you want to donate those items, bag them up separately and label them "World Wear."
Donations are accepted every Monday that RISD is in session from 9:30am to 12:00pm at 1239 W. Belt Line Road.
Have questions about the website?
Contact web support at firstname.lastname@example.org.